My client is a leading provider of installation and maintenance services across the UK and Europe. They are now recruiting for a Field Service Engineer with electrical bias. The successful candidate will work from home and travel to customer sites throughout the UK and on occasion overseas and will carry out installation, maintenance and repairs to a range of printing products and equipment. The candidate will ideally live in or close to the following locations: Nottingham, Derby, Birmingham, Leicester, Coventry, Northampton, Worcester, Oxford. Due to the nature of the role candidates must be flexible in their approach to regular overnight stays during the working week and must be also willing to undergo security clearance.
COMPETITIVE SALARY, OVERTIME PAYABLE, ACCOMMODATION & MEALS EXPENSED WHEN WORKING AWAY FROM HOME, ALLOWANCES FOR OVERNIGHT STAYS, PENSION SCHEME, LIFE INSURANCE, COMPANY CAR. MOBILE PHONE, LAPTOP, IPAD, UNIFORM AND SPECIALIST TOOLS PROVIDED, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY PLU BANK HOLIDAYS. FULL TRAINING ON COMPANY PRODUCTS.
Field Service Engineer Responsibilities:
– Install equipment at customer sites in line with work schedules and customer installation requirements.
– Provide technical support to customers, diagnose faults and resolve technical queries/issues.
– Carry out pre-planned service visits.
– Refer to comprehensive reference documentation, in addition to assistance from other members of the service team to overcome any difficulties.
– Provide accurate service documentation for site visits.
Field Service Engineer Requirements:
– Proven electrical background with a recognised Electrical qualification.
– Working knowledge and understanding of PLC’s.
– Flexible approach to work – willing to travel in the United Kingdom and Europe when required.
– Full clean driving licence.
– Experience within a field service engineering role – desirable.
– Experience within the print/packaging industry would be advantageous.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds, Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force.