Our client provides total facilities management solutions to their clients throughout the UK. They are now looking for a Facilities Engineer with electrical bias at their site in Lanchester, County Durham. Due to the nature of the role candidates must be willing to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
SALARY IS £COMPETITIVE, MONDAY TO FRIDAY – 37½ HOURS, ON CALL ALLOWANCE, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS.
Facilities Engineer (Electrical bias) Responsibilities:
– Carry out skilled electrical maintenance work and minor repairs.
– Assist with maintenance duties such as general carpentry, plumbing, painting, re-glazing, unblocking sinks, changing locks, changing light bulbs, replacing tap washers, easing doors etc.
– Carry out planned preventative maintenance in accordance with schedules and using a handheld PDA if required.
Facilities Engineer (Electrical bias) Requirements:
– Hold an Electrical Engineering qualification.
– Proven experience within a facilities/buildings services environment.
– Familiar with Service Level Agreement and ability to deliver against the requirements of same
– Ability to manage own workload and work autonomously
– Excellent team working skills with the ability to motivate others
– Flexible approach to working hours – able to participate in a 1 in 3 on call rota.
– IT literate.
– Hold full driving licence.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force.