Our client is ex British Army and is now recruiting for an Estates Manager in West London. The successful candidate will be responsible for the running of four schools across West London dealing with their hard and soft services. The schools are all within close proximity of each other so can be reached either via walking or public transport so there is no need to use your own vehicle, you will be provided with an oyster card for travel. This is the ideal role for someone leaving the military who has an interest in working within a facilities management education environment where you can further your existing skills.
Please note due to the nature of this role working within the education sector you will have to undergo DBS clearance so therefore you must be willing to undergo this.
SALARY £38,000 – £48,000, COMPANY PENSION SCHEME, MONDAY TO FRIDAY 8AM – 5PM, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS BANK HOLIDAYS & CHRISTMAS SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
Estates Manager Responsibilities:
– Reporting directly to the Director of Estates you will be responsible for overseeing the Site and Assistant Site Managers.
– Ensure the site managers conduct their daily responsibilities, setting workload according to the direction of each school head and in the priority order set by the Director of Estates.
– Ensure the daily workload is programmed via the inhouse maintenance system and that all work is completed to appropriate deadlines.
– Conduct a weekly meeting of all Site Managers ensuring they are reporting all issues in a timely fashion.
– Give direction and guidance to all Site managers on Compliance Regulation, Health and Safety, Safe Methods of Working and ISI Compliance Standards.
– Oversee all Service Support contracts current within the group ensuring best practice is adopted, the requirement is valid and value for money.
– Coordinate all monthly returns for SHEF reporting procedures to include; Risk Assessment check, Fire Alarm Tests, Security checks, Emergency Lighting tests and Waste Management.
– Manage budgets within the site services, building services, transport, catering and cleaning departments providing regular reports on spending.
Estates Manager Applicant Requirements:
– The successful candidate must have a strong facilities / estates management background and have experience of dealing with hard and soft services.
– Experienced with Health & Safety, Risk Assessments and ISI Compliance Standards.
– Strong report writing skills.
– Excellent customer service skills.
– Ability to work on own.
– Sound communicator.
– Hold Full UK Driving Licence.
Estates Manager Benefits:
– £38,000 – £48,000 basic salary.
– Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm.
– 20 days plus 8 bank holidays and Christmas school holidays provided.
– Company pension scheme.
– Mobile phone and uniform provided.
– Opportunity to join a very reputable company.