Our client is a leading provider of engineering technology nationwide. They now have an immediate requirement for an Engineer’s Mate to join their team. The successful candidate will be based in the Abingdon/Didcot or close surrounding area and will work closely alongside the Service Engineer and will travel to customer sites to assist in the service, maintenance and repair of the company’s range of specialist equipment.
£COMPETITIVE SALARY, 40 HOUR WORKING WEEK, OVERTIME PAYABLE. 31 DAYS HOLIDAY (INCLUDING BANK HOLIDAYS), UNIFORM AND PPE SUPPLIED. FULL TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED. AN OPPORTUNITY TO WORK FOR A FAMILY RUN COMPANY WITH A PERSONAL TOUCH.
Engineer’s Mate Responsibilities:
– Travel to customer sites with the Service Engineer and assist in carrying out the service an, maintenance and repair of company equipment.
– The work involves some manual handling, heavy lifting and working at heights – full training provided.
– Requirement for some occasional overnight stays away from home.
Engineer’s Mate Requirements:
– Able to demonstrate technical ability.
– Able to carry out manual handling, heavy lifting and work at height.
– Flexible approach to early starts and occasional late finishes, some Saturday working and occasional overnight stays.
– Desire to learn.
NOTE – My client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force.