Our client has an immediate requirement for an Engineering Support Solutions Manager based at their site in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the Director of Support Programmes in ensuring the smooth running and delivery of programmes to customers.
£COMPETITIVE SALARY, MONDAY TO FRIDAY 8AM – 5PM, 27 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 BANK HOLIDAYS, FANTASTIC BENEFITS SCHEME TO BE DISCUSSED AT INTERVIEW STAGE
Engineering Support Solutions Manager Responsibilities:
– The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of 4 to providing the engineering support infrastructure on customer programmes.
– Engage with customers and partner organisations, bidding for opportunities, creating bids, planning, scheduling, budgeting, implementation and management of all solutions, facilitating and optimising stakeholder inclusion and buy in for organisational and customer confidence in delivery.
– Support the development of new strategic products and develop our information as a service proposition.
– Personally delivering the role of Support Solutions Design Manager for designated projects or programmes; working as the company representative and an integrated member of the Project Team to provide input to the project; collaborate with other technical project disciplines as the project Support Solution Architect.
– Briefing customers and the management board at programme reviews.
– Line management of the engineering support solutions team (currently 4 experienced direct reports) and setting/reviewing individual performance targets.
– Act as a deputy to the Director of Support Programmes and work closely with the Senior Programme Manager.
Engineering Support Solutions Manager Applicant Requirements:
– The successful candidate must be degree qualified in engineering or technical discipline.
– Experience of managing multi-function projects in a matrix organisation.
– The ability to engage and influence internal stakeholders across the business.
– Experienced in fleet management and performance-based logistics.
– Experience in developing, leading and managing performance-based support contracts.
– Involvement and understanding of Integrated Logistics Support.
– Understanding and experience in the defence market and defence acquisition.
– Project management experience.
– Equipment support management experience.
– Experience in Design and Development of support solutions for electro-mechanical systems, preferably in a land environment.
– Experience in availability contracting.
– Experience in delivery of change management.
Engineering Support Solutions Manager Benefits:
– £Competitive Salary.
– Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm.
– 27 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
– Flexible benefits scheme to be discussed at interview stage.
– Opportunity to join a very reputable company.