My client has a requirement for an Engineering Manager at their site in Whitehaven, Cumbria. The successful candidate will be responsible for successfully managing the engineering department on site.
SALARY IS UP TO £45,000 DEPENDING ON SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS, ENHANCED PENSION SCHEME.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
– Effectively manage the maintenance department ensuring efficient performance and success.
– Manage the preventative maintenance system and support budget adherence to provide machine reliability.
– Lead the team and manage according to the company standards, fostering a high-performance culture.
– Support the plan of workload and set priorities for maintenance and contract personnel.
– Ensure a zero tolerance to unsafe practices is enforced.
– Ensure that daily, weekly, monthly and annual targets are achieved.
Engineering Manager Requirements:
– Candidate must be electrically biased and hold a relevant electrical engineering qualification.
– Proven engineering management background with experience of managing a maintenance department and team.
– Ability to develop a team.
– Experience within manufacturing – beneficial.
– Ability to be hands on and manage a team at the same time.
– Dedicated, reliable, resilient and flexible approach.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force with electrical engineering bias and maintenance management experience.