Our client is currently recruiting for an Engineer Surveyor to join their existing team and be responsible for covering the Birmingham / Coventry area. You will be required to travel around customer sites to carry out inspections and periodic examinations in line with LOLER, PUWER, PSSR and COSHH regulations.
Please note, due to the nature of this role you will have to be flexible with regards to travel and on occasions there may be overnight stays. In return you will benefit from an element of flexibility with regards to the working hours.
SALARY £30,000 ((INCREASING TO £35,000 WITHIN 2 YEARS), COMPANY VEHICLE, EXPENSES & HOTELS PAID FOR OVERNIGHT STAYS, FLEXIBLE WORKING HOURS, COMPANY PENSION, 26 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 STATS
Engineer Surveyor Responsibilities:
– Responsible for travelling to customer sites to carry out inspections and periodic examinations as laid out by statutory guidelines.
– You will carry out inspections and examinations in line with PUWER, LOLER, PSSR and COSHH regulations.
– Develop and manage the allocated area you will be covering.
– Maintain the required inspection levels as agreed with management by effective planning.
– Despatch / transmit reports to the customer liaison team on a daily basis.
– Produce a weekly record of examinations / visits.
– Produce monthly expense account.
– Maintain up to date knowledge of any legislative and technical changes.
Engineer Surveyor Applicant Requirements:
– The successful candidate must have a strong mechanical engineering background and knowledge of lifting tackle / lifting equipment.
– Familiar with LOLER, PUWER, PSSR or COSHH regulations.
– Flexible with regards to travel and working independently.
– Strong organisational skills.
– Full Clean UK Driving Licence.
– Ability to work under pressure.
– Strong customer facing skills and ability to build strong relationships with customers.
Engineer Surveyor Benefits:
– £30,000 (increasing to £35,000 within 2 years) basic salary.
– Company vehicle.
– 40 hours per week
– 26 days holiday plus 8 stats.
– Laptop, mobile, printer, PPE and all tools provided.
– Pension & personal accident policy.
– All expenses paid.
NOTE: Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force and who have a strong mechanical engineering background i.e. Royal Navy Marine Engineer, REME Vehicle Mechanic, Royal Engineers, RAF Mechanical Technician or similar. You must have experience of working with lifting tackle or associated equipment.