Our client is now recruiting at their site in Dundee, Angus for an Electronics Test Technician. The successful candidate will be responsible for working on microwave and RF equipment. This is a very niche role and would be suited to someone with a strong electronics test background, it would be of particular interest to someone who also wants to work on projects and development of new tests for bespoke electrical equipment.
£COMPETITIVE SALARY + BENEFITS, MONDAY TO THURSDAY 8AM – 5PM, FRIDAY 8AM – 1PM, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 11 STATS, COMPANY PENSION SCHEME PLUS OTHER BENEFITS TO BE DISCUSSED AT INTERVIEW STAGE
Electronics Test Technician Responsibilities:
– The successful candidate will be responsible for product testing and data analysis.
– Undertaking root cause analysis and corrective action.
– Utilising automated cable and harness testers including Vector Analysers.
– Utilising appropriate test methods.
– Adapting or developing new test processes.
– Documenting test results.
– Working closely and providing feedback to the manufacturing and engineering teams.
– Working collaboratively, with a flexible approach to problem solving.
– Balancing production requirements with root cause and corrective action, feedback and continuous improvement activities.
Electronics Test Technician Requirements:
– The successful candidate must have an HNC /HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent along with a solid understanding of analogue and digital test principles.
– Knowledge of Hipot testers, Milliohmmeters, automated continuity and DC resistance test equipment, multimeters and Time Domain Reflectometers (TDRs) using appropriate test methods.
– Experience of interpreting engineering drawings/ wiring schedules.
– Ideally you will have worked within a manufacturing or development test environment.
– Experience in data analysis of test results.
– A proactive approach and strong communication skills.
– An understanding of the management of test equipment including calibration and maintenance.
– You must also have an awareness of quality systems, ISO 9001 and 14001, AS9100.
– IT Literate, experienced with word, excel, outlook emails etc.
Electronics Test Technician Benefits:
– £Competitive basic annual salary.
– Monday to Thursday 8am – 5pm, Friday 8am – 1pm.
– 25 days holiday, plus 11 statutory days.
– Company Pension Scheme.
– Benefits to be discussed at interview stage.
– Opportunity to join an established company and work in a challenging and varied environment.