Our client operates an established production facility in Clay Cross, Derbyshire. They now have a requirement for an Electrical Shift Maintenance Engineer to join their team. Reporting to the Factory Manager the successful candidate will work as part of a team responsible for planned preventative maintenance and reactive breakdown tasks to production machinery and plant equipment. Please note this is a Shift role, therefore candidates must be flexible in their approach to early, late and night shift working.
SALARY IS £35,000, MONDAY TO FRIDAY ROTATING SHIFT PATTERN OF EARLIES, LATES AND NIGHTS, PENSION SCHEME, 24 DAYS HOLIDAY RISING TO 26 DAYS WITH SERVICE.
Electrical Shift Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities:
– Carry out reactive and proactive maintenance to all site plant and equipment.
– Resolve equipment failures and carry out planned and unplanned engineering tasks to standard and within the required timescale.
– Adhere to company Health & Safety procedures and carry out all tasks in a safe and controlled manner.
– Work with the engineering and production team to improve equipment reliability and performance.
– Use of the site Maintenance System for work scheduling and to record all maintenance activities.
Electrical Shift Maintenance Engineer Requirements:
– Recognised engineering apprenticeship to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Engineering.
– Experience of working in a maintenance environment.
– Electrical bias with mechanical skills.
– Experience of fault finding diagnostics.
– Experience of pneumatics, hydraulics and PLC’s – advantageous.
NOTE: Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force.