Are you an ex-military engineer with a mechanical bias? Are you looking to secure an office-based role providing technical support to customers? Our client is recruiting for a Depot Supervisor at their site in Slough, Berkshire.
SALARY NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION, DISCRETIONARY BONUS SCHEME, LIFE ASSURANCE.
Depot Supervisor Responsibilities:
– Plan the engineers’ daily workload, effectively and efficiently.
– Ensure that the service engineer’s and workshop engineer’s work is completed to the highest standards.
– Provide technical support to jobs both in the workshop and the field.
– Support depot & field engineering team by ensuring they receive all necessary technical support required, parts & paperwork to enable them to complete work in a timely manner.
– Effectively deal with all customer service enquiries, advising and actioning accordingly.
– Manage engineer job sheets for correct and accurate completion and record non-compliance or poor completion.
– Follow up service visits with regular follow up calls.
Depot Supervisor Requirements:
– Hold a relevant level 3 qualification (BTEC, City & Guilds, NVQ) in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering.
– Vehicle mechanic background or similar.
– Strong mechanical engineering background.
– Experience of supervising a team.
– Ability to liaise effectively with customers and provide technical support when required.
NOTE: My client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military background: Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force; HGV Mechanic/Technician background.