Our client is currently recruiting for a Defence Operations Account Manager to join their existing team at their office in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear. The successful candidate will have quite a varied role including managing customers, project management and operations management.
This role is working in an engineering environment closely related to electronic warfare and army communications equipment therefore candidates from a military background are strongly encouraged to apply. Please also be aware that you will need to undergo a high level of security clearance also therefore you must be prepared to undergo this.
SALARY £40,000, PLUS COMMISSION, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS AND PENSION SCHEME
Defence Operations Account Manager Responsibilities:
– The main part of this role is account management – looking after customers, providing them with regular updates, writing reports, building relationships, presenting to customers, liaising with customers on timescales for delivery of projects.
– Develop enquiries, issuing sales quotes, agreeing deals and delivering the quoted services and products.
– Record various types of business data, conducting analysis and presenting it to management.
– Manage a medium-sized operations team, including: engineers, technicians, operations staff and other trades.
Defence Operations Account Manager Requirements:
– The successful candidate must be educated to degree level or equivalent.
– Knowledge of engineering or involvement with providing engineering support / operational support.
– Familiar with electronic warfare or army communications equipment.
– Understanding of defence procurement processes.
– Good working knowledge of project management and the processes involved.
– Understanding of the principles of operations management.
– Ideally you will have worked in MoD Abeywood, Corsham / have experience working alongside Defence Equipment & Support or similar environment.
Defence Operations Account Manager Benefits:
– £40,000 annual salary.
– Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm (flexible working 7am – 4pm).
– 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
– Company pension scheme.