Do you have experience of operating/maintaining maritime communications systems or military radio or tactical communications? Are you looking for a Field Service role with plenty of variety in your work within both the commercial and military sectors?
Our client are an established manufacturer of specialised communications equipment and are looking to recruit a Communications Field Service Engineer to be based in either Newcastle, Helensburgh, Portsmouth, Plymouth or Redhill. The successful candidate will work from home and travel in the UK and overseas carrying out installation and maintenance work of bespoke equipment.
Please note for this role you will be expected to potentially be away from home Monday – Friday and also travel at short notice which may include trips overseas which generally are between 7-10 days therefore you must be completely flexible with regards to any travel needed to meet the demands of customers.
Due to the nature of their business you will also have to undergo a high level of security clearance therefore you must be prepared to go through the relevant checks.
UP TO £32,000 BASIC DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, POOL VEHICLE/CAR ALLOWANCE, TRAVEL EXPENSES & ALLOWANCES, TRAINING PROVIDED PLUS PENSION, PRIVATE MEDICAL & LIFE ASSURANCE
Communications Field Service Engineer Responsibilities:
– Travel extensively in the UK and overseas involving frequent overnight stays.
– Attend client sites and carry out maintenance and repairs to company products.
– Prepare and write reports on jobs/projects and complete maintenance schedules.
– Liaise with customers regarding progress of work.
– Provide support to customers on site, including technical support and troubleshooting.
– Liaise with other engineers and also management, reporting back to the office update on progress.
– Working to tight deadlines.
Communications Field Service Engineer Applicant Requirements:
– Electronic or electrical engineering bias with relevant qualifications.
– Ability to maintain/operate military communication/radio systems.
– GMDSS/maritime satellite communications experience advantageous.
– Must be able to pass client’s medical.
– Ability to obtain SC Clearance.
– Flexible approach to travel and staying away from home on a regular basis.
– IT Literate
– Full Driving Licence.
Communications Field Service Engineer Benefits:
– Up to £32,000 basic salary depending on experience.
– Overtime Available.
– Overseas and Offshore Allowances, Pool Vehicle/Allowance, Travel Expenses and Allowances.
– Training provided.
– Pension Scheme, Private medical cover plus Life Assurance.
– 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days.
– Opportunity to join an established and reputable company.