Are you an ex-military engineer with a communication systems infrastructure background? My client has an immediate requirement for a Communications Systems Engineer to join their team at their site Heathrow. The successful Communication Systems Engineer will be working as part of a team based predominantly from Heathrow, however will also be expected to travel to customer sites throughout the UK, a pool vehicle will be provided when travelling. You will cover all engineering activities and specifically work on project delivery. Candidates wishing to apply must be able to undertake security clearance to gain an airside pass.
Communication Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
- Design of bespoke technical solutions in line with Customer requirements
- Design of wireless telecommunications systems
- Project installation delivery on complex bespoke radio systems and DAS (Distributed Antenna Systems) and associated infrastructure.
- Network planning, prediction and optimisation of LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Systems and infrastructure remedial maintenance.
- Preventative Maintenance – completing system and infrastructure service visits to a planned schedule including conformance to specifications
- The technology is predominantly Radio and IP based, but also split between fibre and cellular based equipment with additional service scope including; Unified Comms, Network, Wireless and M2M related technologies.
- Be part of an on-call out of hours rota.
- Be prepared to cover projects nationwide which will involve working away from home at times
Communication Systems Engineer Requirements:
- Excellent solid technical background with strong theoretical and practical experience.
- Experienced Radio and Infrastructure engineer, having sound knowledge of Unified Comms and/or Network and I.T. Strong industry knowledge.
- Strong experience in working on DMR, particularly infrastructure focussed.
- Experience in programming radio templates.
- In depth understanding of designing and commissioning equipment used in a range of RF technologies including TETRA, DMR, Analogue, VHF and Cellular, deployed over off-air repeaters and RF over fibre systems.
- Experience in database management & networking topologies & DMR/PMR software applications.
- Knowledge of GSM, fixed line comms and microwave solutions.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP stack.
- Cellular / Wi-Fi knowledge.
- Flexible approach to work and travel.
- IT literate.
- Hold a clean driving licence.
Communication Systems Engineer Benefits:
- Negotiable salary.
- Overtime payable.
- Call out allowance – £300 per week on call.
- 23 days holiday rising with service to 28 days plus bank holidays.
- Pension scheme, life assurance and company bonus scheme.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from both commercial and ex-military candidates, Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force with Radio/Telematics Engineering backgrounds.