Our client has a vacancy for a Commissioning Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate will be based in the Midlands/South – Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Oxford or the close surrounding areas and will travel to customer sites throughout the UK carrying out the commissioning of the company’s range of specialist equipment. Please note the successful candidate must be flexible towards staying away from home as the role involves extensive travel and overnight stays.
£COMPETITIVE SALARY, 40 HOUR WORKING WEEK, OVERTIME PAYABLE. 24 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME. COMPANY VEHICLE, MOBILE PHONE, LAPTOP, FULL PRODUCT AND SPECIALIST TRAINING PROVIDED. FAMILY RUN COMPANY WITH A PERSONAL TOUCH.
Commissioning Engineer Responsibilities:
– Travel to customer sites and carry out the commissioning of equipment.
– Test machinery and carrying out fault finding, diagnostics and any necessary repairs ensuring equipment is in full working order.
– Provide technical assistance and training on the operation of equipment to customers.
– Provide and complete all necessary service documentation accurately and on a timely basis in accordance with company procedures.
Commissioning Engineer Requirements:
– Strong electrical engineering background with a relevant qualification to City & Guilds/NVQ/HNC level.
– Mechanical engineering knowledge – desirable.
– Ability to work with single phase and 3 phase systems (motors, variable speed drives)
– Strong fault finding and diagnostic skills with the ability to read electrical engineering schematics.
– Flexible approach to travel and overnight stays.
– Hold full clean driving licence.
NOTE – My client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force particularly those with electrical engineering experience.