Are you leaving the military and keen to secure your next opportunity? Do you have an electronic/electrical bias with experience of working with test equipment? Our client is recruiting for 2 Calibration Engineers to join their team at their site in Letchworth Garden City. The successful candidates will perform calibration, and where appropriate repair a range of test equipment. The role is predominantly based in the laboratory, there will be travel required to customer sites in the UK.
SALARY IS £25,000 – £35,000, PENSION SCHEME, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS BANK HOLIDAYS.
Calibration Engineer Responsibilities:
– Complete the calibration of allocated equipment within agreed parameters, recording and evaluating all essential data, reporting and providing necessary feedback.
– Complete and perform necessary tests and where required undertake the repair of equipment within the parameters defined by the Laboratory Manager.
– Constantly review current methods and validation techniques and make the necessary recommendation of new methods to the Laboratory Manager.
– Liaise with the Laboratory Manager to expedite the completion of all work and co-operate with other team members to expedite work in progress.
– Undertake any technical training activities.
– Ensure all company equipment is maintained and calibrated in accordance with Total Quality Policy before use.
Calibration Engineer Requirements:
– Proven Electronic/Electrical background with a relevant qualification is essential for this role.
– Knowledge of the use of test equipment including; DMM, Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, Spectrum Analysers, Temperature Calibrators, PAT Testers etc with the ability to fault find.
– Calibration experience within a UKAS laboratory would be advantageous.
– Experience and understanding of the calibration of equipment.
– Flexible approach to work – able to travel to customer sites when required.
– Hold full driving licence.
Calibration Engineer Benefits:
– Salary £25,000 – £35,000 per annum.
– Monday to Friday – 37½ hours.
– Overtime payable.
– 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
– Pension scheme.
– Opportunity to join a very reputable company.