Construction; matching ex-Military profiles
CONSTRUCTION; matching ex-Military Profiles
The ability for our Armed Forces to deploy quickly into operational, peacekeeping and disaster relief locations often mean that infrastructure is not available and therefore has to be built. This could include permanent or temporary accommodation, civil services such as drainage and water supply, aircraft runways along with perimeter security.
The Royal Engineers (RE) of the British Army provide the majority of construction support and are often referred to as Sappers.
Military Skills Match
Royal Air Force
A wide range of skills fit well within this sector, engineers/technicians from all three services with supervisory / management backgrounds. These include:
- Trades including bricklayer, plumber, plasterer, painter, carpenter & joiner and fabricator
- Building materials technician
- Construction project management
- Air conditioning fitter
- Electrical & mechanical draughtsman
- Geographic support technician and survey engineer
- CITB Site Manager
- First Aid at Work
- Prince 2
- British Institute of Facilities Management
- IAM Advanced Diploma in Management Practice
- NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
- NEBOSH Construction & IOSH Safety Manager
- Diploma in Construction Engineering
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
- Legionella L8 Responsible person
- CS1 Confined space certificate
Pre-Construction Project Manager – Ex Military Combat Engineer (Sapper) initially trained as a plumber – progressed to a Clerk of Works having gained considerable experience within a military operational environment. Familiar with CDM regulations, Health & Safety and managing large construction teams.
Are you recruiting?
What our clients say about us?
Please thank everyone at Demob for all their invaluable help this year and wish them all a Very Merry Christmas
The interviews went very well. All on time. All the guys interviewed really well and they met our brief with regard to “job fit” so that was spot on – thank you. We have the difficult task of selecting one as all are suitable. To be honest I’ve thought about firing myself to make room. We plan to meet internally soon and make our decision promptly. Hopefully by tomorrow but latest by the coming Monday.
I would like to firstly thank you for providing two exceptional candidates, both candidates were everything we asked for within the job specification and I believe that this was the correct approach to recruiting for this position.